When I visited Japan, I was treated to the duo delight of ubiquitous cabbage and sesame dressing at the corner stores. What a wonderful, healthy country Japan. So I wanted to enjoy this combo back home. Here’s a delicious Asian style vinaigrette recipe that I use on my salads:
- 1 teaspoon of thinly sliced garlic
- 2 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon of scallions or red onions or green onions
- 2 tablespoons of thinly sliced ginger
- 4 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 cup of olive oil
Toast the sesame seeds in a pan on the stove.
While the seeds are toasting, mix the rest of the ingredients.
I use an affordable Japanese kitchen knife that I bought in Tokyo. Japanese blades have a much sharper angle than European style knives. They are excellent for super thin slices of garlic and ginger.