Bathbombs are easy, fun crafts to make for gifts.
- A dozen or so silicon molds (depending on their size)
- 2 tsp essential oil (of your choice)
- 3 tsp oil (olive oil)
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1/2 cup (4oz) citric acid
- 1/2 cup (4oz) Epsom salts
- 1/2 cup (4oz) corn starch
- 1 cup (8oz) baking soda
- 5 drops of food coloring (of your choice)
- Dried flower petals
The only real trick with bath bombs is timing. Mix your dry and wet ingredients separating. There’s no rush at this stage.
Now very slowly add the liquid to your solids until it has the consistency of damp sand.
Here’s the rush part! Get that damp sand in the molds before it dries out in the bowl.
Now cure for a day or two to ensure they’re hard enough.
Toss in the bath and activate the acid-basic reaction as the low pH citric acid and the high pH baking soda mix in the water and fizz-up!