I have an odd preference for unripe bananas. But even if you prefer your bananas to be ripe, I’m sure you sometimes end up with bananas that are too ripe. These can be saved in the freezer for banana bread. Here’s my recipe.
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of butter (melted)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: Nuts (walnuts, almond slivers, etc)
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C
- Mix all the ingredients in no particular order and add to a loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes